The Amazing Banana!
After discovering the many health benefits of the humble banana, you will never look at them the same way. These 10 ways to use and to eat bananas will blow your mind!
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- They help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin – the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
- Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
- Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
- Constipated? High fiber in bananas can help normalize bowl motility.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn, and GERD.
- Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
- Bananas make you smarter and aid learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- Remove a wart by placing the inside of a piece of banana peel against the wart and taping it in place.
Pretty incredible right!? And remember, bananas make great snacks and are delicious in smoothies.
I’d love to hear how you will use bananas to improve your health. Simply reply to this email or click here to get the conversation started!
I am a seeker of balance. With each of my clients we search to find, what can we do with the biological resources we have to feel good in our bodies? How can we maximize our body’s unique potential in a way that respects body diversity, takes our different lifestyles into account, and empowers us to bypass harmful societal messaging around what we’re “supposed” to look like?